Clinical research paves the way for life-changing innovations by looking at new ways to prevent, detect, and treat disease. Everyone knows that clinical research studys can help researchers better understand how a new medical treatment (such as a drug, medical device, change in medical behavior, or medical tracking app) will affect people, but some other benefits of clinical research studys may surprise you. Participants, researchers, and future generations all reap the rewards of a successful clinical research study.
Benefits of clinical research studys
Potential Benefits for Participants
- Access to State-of-the-Art Treatment: In many cases, participants are given access to potentially promising new treatments that aren’t available to the general public because they haven’t yet received FDA approval (source). Participants can be trailblazers: the very first people in the world to benefit from a new method of care.
- Potential for More Effective Treatments: Researchers are always aiming to improve the standard treatments available to patients, and clinical research studys play a crucial role in this process. Participants in clinical research studys may be given more effective treatments than the standard approaches currently available to patients. For someone with a disease or condition that cannot effectively be treated with current methods of care, a clinical research study often offers the best chance of that person receiving a successful treatment.
- Health Monitoring: Close monitoring of participants’ health is critical for clinical research studys. This close monitoring ensures that any side effects experienced by participants are noticed and dealt with immediately. In addition, some participants walk away with a greater understanding of their health.
- Access to Expert Care: The study’s research team, which includes doctors and other healthcare professionals with a deep understanding of the disease or condition being studied, will provide regular care and attention. Participants may receive healthcare advice from these world-class experts.
- Chance to Help Society: By contributing to research, participants aid the entire medical community even if they don’t directly benefit from a clinical research study. Every clinical research study produces information that adds to the general body of scientific knowledge and will help future researchers.
Benefits for Researchers and Society
All groundbreaking medical advances in the past several decades were made possible through clinical research. clinical research studys open new doors for researchers, helping them find innovative ways to diagnose, prevent, treat, and cure disease. Even if a clinical research study is unsuccessful, it contributes to scientific knowledge and may pave the way for future research.
Furthermore, the insight gained from clinical research studys cannot be learned in the laboratory or through animal studies. Without human participants, researchers would not be able to conduct the rigorous testing required to ensure the safety and effectiveness of a new medical approach. clinical research studys show what does and doesn’t work in humans, and they can help medical professionals weigh whether a new treatment’s potential benefits outweigh its side effects.
The benefits of a clinical research study are extensive, spanning from access to cutting-edge medical care and healthcare experts to the possibility of contributing to groundbreaking research that will benefit mankind for generations.
Have you ever thought about participating in a clinical research study? You could be a part of history! And QPS Missouri is looking for new participants. Since opening its doors in 1994, QPS Missouri has conducted over 1,000 FDA-regulated studies, paying out over $35 million to local participants. Your local participation could have a global impact, as QPS is an international leader in contract research with facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia. Our mission is to accelerate the development of drugs worldwide by enabling breakthroughs in pharmaceutical innovation. If you would like to join us in this mission, consider applying for a clinical research study.
To get started, you simply need to fill out an online application. Within 48 business hours, a recruiting coordinator will contact you for your pre-screening assessment. To learn more, please visit the QPS Missouri website, review the study participation process, or check out our list of FAQ.